Sound-Base Audio has introduced RBXL, which they say is the big brother of Retro Boy. They describe RBXL as a subtractive chiptune VST plug-in for Windows 32Bit systems. A spokesperson told us, “This synth can create sounds from sick dubstep wobbles, to nostalgic trance arppeggio’s, to retro 8Bit sounds.”
- Dual seven shape oscillators: 12.5% Pulse, 25% Pulse, 50% Pulse, Saw, Triangle, Sine, Noise.
- 1 to 64 note polyphony with portamento and slide.
- 16 step arpeggiator with adjustable oct/semi/fine tuning, gate, and velocity.
- 16 step mono gate.
- LFO, sequence, and envelope modulation for 20+ parameters.
- Low usage reverb, delay, chorus, stereo, and phaser effects.
- Built in parametric EQ and FFT/scope analysis.
- Multi slope lowpass, highpass, bandpass, and band reject filters.
- Frequency, ring, and amplitude modulation with frequency syncing.
- Unison mode with detune and octave spread.
- User settings and personalization features.
Pricing and Availability: