This video caught my eye! It’s actually way more interesting than the thumbnail would make it seem! Herbie Hancock and others go into vast details about creating synth sounds and sequencing using the coolest gear of the 80s!
Want to make the world a better place? Want to know something you can do to truly make a difference? Support independent music by buying 1 or all 7 of these albums on Bandcamp RIGHT NOW! How does this help the world? Well sharing fox news or msnbc to your facebook timeline doesn’t help anything but ad revenue of corporate fuck knobs. These are some great albums made by some great REAL people who would love to have you support them. Plus you’ll get 7 of the best albums you’ve heard in ages.
- Auterkeia EP by Auterkeia – Pseudonym of the extremely talented musician Jeremy Powell, this EP combines experimental electronics with world rhythms, and Jeremy’s amazing woodwind abilities, slickly produced in a heady package.
2. Somnium by Wayne Rowand – This is the deepest of deep space ambient. Put your head in a satellite exploring the unknown depths of space and time. Absolutely amazing stuff.
3. casing the sill by fulkramick – to try to explain fulkramick’s sound is not an easy task. It’s experimental. It’s trippy. It’s mathy. It’s fucking awesome, so buy this!
4. MÚSICAROBADA by Martin Lambert – Fusion… glorious dark fusion at its finest! Think Bitches Brew meets Tortoise. You absolutely cannot go wrong with that combination.
5. Morning Day by FOLK9 – Thai tropical indie psych-pop. That pretty much says it all. It’s really really good, get it!
6. Cyberspace Database by Fornax Void – Retro tech ambient 16 bit FM synthesis lo-fi virtual memory installations for cyborg transformations.
7. Espiral by Armisticio – romantic, nostalgic, lush, beautiful synthpop made in Chile that fills your heart with good vibes.
So stop bitching and saying there’s no good new music. Here’s some great new music and it’s all laid out here for you to go get! Stop streaming the same old Hall and Oats from Spotify and support some real musicians you cheap fucks!
I have a ton of music in Google’s music service, my own uploads, plus I’m a subscriber. But I always hated having to open a web browser to access my collection, which is not only slow, but eats up tons of CPU on my system.
Thankfully a crafty 20 year old developer from Australia made a sweet desktop player for linux. I’m running the Debian version on my Ubuntu 16.04 system and it’s working great!
This is absolutely excellent. I totally agree PJG’s observations. Much of what he’s talking about was also theorized in a very solid book by John Keel called The 8th Tower, Ultraterestrials and the Superspectrum, which was published in the 1970s.
I keep telling people to read it to have a more solid understanding of TP. A lot of the stuff PJG is saying is right on par with what Keel was saying about entities changing vibrational frequencies to move,or suddenly seem to “appear” in our reality. I really love these concepts. Great vid!
The Final Dossier is available for preorder now btw http://amzn.to/2xpdnmq