The Epiphone Les Paul has become one of the best guitars you can get for the money. In my opinion they rival and sometimes beat out their Gibson counterparts.
Today we are facing a new challenge as a species, and lots of people are confused, concerned, and feeling very uncertain about the future. One of the things we can do to prepare for a possible illness is have a healthy immune system.
- Don’t smoke or vape – not tobacco, not weed, not anything. Covid-19 attacks the lungs, and smoking weakens your immune system and lungs. So if you smoke, right now is a great time to quit!
- Do cardio – cardio vascular exercise also strengthens the lungs by making you use them. Make sure to do this in a clean environment, preferably outside away from any crowds. (think biking or jogging).
- Eat right – cut out processed foods that cause inflammation, fast food, fried foods, refined sugars and sweets. Eat plenty of leafy greens, and lean meats such as chicken breast or fish, as well as a small amount of easy to digest carbohydrates, such as brown rice.
- Stay positive – Easier said than done with the news, but try avoiding all news for at least a day. Do some meditation, or prayer. Watch some comedies, or spend time with loved ones or pets, or all of the above.
- Do something creative – now you have the time! Write your book, make your album, paint your masterpiece.
In addition to all of the above, there’s some natural foods that have strong anti-viral properties. I’ll list what I think are the best below. However if you have any health conditions, check with your healthcare practitioner, or do your own research before taking anything listed below. I AM NOT A DOCTOR AND CLAIM NO MEDICAL KNOWLEDGE, NOR DO I ACCEPT ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY HERB OR SUPPLEMENT REGIMEN YOU PARTAKE IN.
- Garlic (with Allicin) – Garlic when crushed creates a chemical called Allicin which is a very potent anti-viral. Eating cooked garlic does not work, but chewing raw cloves will, however this is pretty nasty, so you can get some garlic supplements like this one that contain the virus fighting Allicin. https://amzn.to/3aWdRAm.
- Ginger Root– Good old fashion ginger root that you can buy at your local grocery store. If you have a juicer, this is the best and most concentrated way to have it. If you don’t have a juicer, you can cut it into slices and boil it in water for 7 minutes to make a potent ginger tea.
- Zinc – A few years ago a company called Zicam actually proved scientifically that zinc, if applied to the entrance of a virus, such as your nose or mouth can greatly reduce the severity of the common cold (which is a type of coronavirus). Their nasal spray worked really well, but due to a lawsuit, they had to remove zinc from their product, they still sell it with the clinically proven claim, but unfortunately zicam is no longer effective. However, now a few companies make a zinc spray you can spray to the back of your throat to prevent contracting a a cold. Get one here https://amzn.to/2QrxlFg
Anyway, I hope all of you are staying safe out there and let’s get through this together!
I love this game.
Every morning (almost) I head to the gym to start my day. I’m also constantly riding the subway and observing those around me. When I got out at night to clubs or music venues I am seeing them. By them, I am talking about the terribly dressed, bad facial hair, poorly groomed straight guy.
I feel so bad for straight women with the options they are presented with. Do straight men not own mirrors? So many times I’ll be out and women will want to talk to me, and just outright flirt with me, but I’m not interested. I mean, I enjoy talking, but I’m gay and live with my boyfriend.
So why does this happen to me and not to you? Well, I’m here to tell you that it is not as mysterious as you may think. Here’s a list of a few things you should honestly assess about yourself if you’re a straight guy having trouble meeting women.
- Facial Hair – Okay, so this is probably the #1 issue with straight men today. 99% of all facial hair looks horrible. If you’re going to have facial hair, do it right. Some styles you should NEVER do. Never have a soul patch under any circumstance. NEVER have a chin-only beard where you shave the mustache. NEVER have a chin strap beard, and most important, NEVER A NECK BEARD. The safest bet is to just stay clean-shaven. If you insist on having facial hair, keep it NORMAL, TRIMMED, AND GROOMED EVERY DAY!
- Wear clean clothes that fit – STOP WEARING HUGE PANTS, It looks really really bad. Are your ankles like a dinger inside a bell? This is a bad sign. Wear your size, NEVER let the heals of your shoes walk on the back of your pants. This is so f-ing disgusting. Wear your pants on your waist, not below your ass (this one should be obvious). Stop wearing OLD DIRTY SHOES. This one is insane to me. So many straight guys wear disgusting old shoes. Throw that shit away. You’d be better off with a clean new pair of Keds, then a gross dirty ass pair of Air Jordans. Guess what, girls don’t give a rats-ass about Basketball shoes. If anything it shows them you make bad choices as to where you spend your money, and if they’re old and dirty, it’s even worse. Wear shirts that fit. Once you get all of the above, then you can actually start color coordinating. Never wear cargo shorts, or hats with stickers on them. Stay away from sports team wear in general.
- Hair – get haircuts, shave your damn neck hair, buy a damn blow-drier. You might be saying, I do style my hair. But how do you style it? Are you using wet looking moose or gel? Don’t do that. Does your hair look like Frankenstein? This may be a Brooklyn only thing, where some guys are shaving a straight line on their foreheads (think Drake). This looks really really bad. Do not do this. If you’re taking the time to style yourself, do it right.
- Wash your clothes. Seriously, this matters.
- Do not wear cologne, or body sprays, but DO wear deodorant and or essential oils.
- Instead of talking about yourself, ask questions. Conversations go two ways. The more you want to know about who you’re talking to, the more they’ll want to know you.
You could be overweight, not especially attractive, but if you do all of the above you will stand out from the crowd and women will start paying attention to you. Don’t be afraid to ‘look gay’. Believe me, it’s a far better stereotype than the ‘straight look’.
Bad facial hair:
Linux keeps getting more and more audio production tools. LSP is a great plugin pack that is freely available for Linux. Download them at https://lsp-plug.in/