Alesis Nitro Mesh Kit – Complete List Of Drum Sounds and Missing Manual

The Alesis Nitro Mesh Electronic Drum Set is probably the best electronic kit for the money, but the manual is strangely missing a lot of information, like the complete list of drum sounds included in the drum module.

In truth the drum module was designed by a company called Medeli and is internally exactly like their DD512 module. I’ve made it easy for those of you looking for the full drum kit list and you can see them below. As well as the full manual here for download.

33 thoughts on “Alesis Nitro Mesh Kit – Complete List Of Drum Sounds and Missing Manual

1. Randy

You’ve been a big help, seen a couple of your videos that have helped me of some issues. Purchased this same kit last weekend.

2. Scott Gloede

I just bought this kit about three months ago. I am really enjoying playing on it and your videos are excellent and have really helped me get to know the possibilities of this kit. I am older and played professionally for over 15 years. That was until a few years ago when I gave up playing. Part of that reason was because I moved into an apartment and couldn’t practice but with this kit I can. My question is on how to do give virtual drum lessons using the Alesis Nitro and a Chromebook. I have a Simmons drum amp but I wasn’t sure whether or not I could plug into the Chromebook or use a web camera. Anyway thanks for the excellent videos and keep up the great work!

1. DemonicSweaters Post author

Glad to be of service! As far as I know chromebooks allow you to use USB audio interfaces such as this one https://amzn.to/2R6dA74 and you could use that for the audio and the webcam on the Chomebook. I’m not sure what the options are as far as video (if that’s what you were thinking) chat since I haven’t used Chrome OS in a long time. If you wanted to have a mic going at the same time, maybe just get a little mixer with USB like this one. https://amzn.to/37P08dX

3. Yeron Myfoot

Demonic Sweater Drummer Dude- first off, a really big thank you for making some of the best instructional videos for the Alesis Nitro kit. I knew the kit had potential, but it was a bit like sitting in a really great car not knowing where the ignition switch was so… Muchas Gracias. Really appreciated the silent kitty cat striker ball thing. And I’ll start to mess with your angle iron stops for the bass drum pad. That sucker slides. I do not have a riser to screw the stops into, but you’ve given me some ideas. Nice drum chops, BTW. OK more – thank you for the number/voice guide you found for all of us. That’s like the Rhosetta Stone for this whole kit. You provided it- they didn’t , so dude, thank you. OK- if I were to make a request it would be just for more videos on further instructions on the most frequently used tools in the module. I’m thinking Record yourself to a song, record yourself when practicing chops (without the song) metronome practice, copy cat lesson stuff. If you already covered all that stuff, sorry. I will not sleep in class. I will not sleep in class. I will … can I stop now? Having more module lessons going over the next basics would be great. In the mean time Demonic Sweater Drummer Dude, thank you again!

4. Ron

I don’t know how the hell you found this but thanks for sharing it. Great videos. I think you are helping a lot of us old schoolers over a hump into all this fun. Thanks!

5. Angel Sanz

Hello There, How are you ? thanks for all this information, really appreciate that.

I have only one question. It’s possible to use the soundbanks from Ezdrummer with only the USB connection ?

6. Amy Gladney

Regarding the ‘Play Along Tracks’…I’m looking for the “sheet music” of the play along tracks included with the Nitro Mesh module, Is that available somewhere?

7. Hannes

Thanks for making the effort to share knowledge!

Can you please share some of your favorite custom kit settings, all settings (Vol, reverb, voice etc.) if possible.

8. Kim Hamilton

Thanks for the great information ! The manual is great !

I just updated our kit for church, to the Alesis Surge/Nitro module. (replace an old DM4 module) I have a Roland FD-7 pedal that doesn’t seem to work. Do you have any experience with that ? I went ahead and ordered an Alesis DMHat pedal as I assume this will work fine.
    Thank again!

9. manish kakatkar

Hi
    I am an Indian want to purchase the drum kit pls guude whether to buy carlsbro 210 kit or alesis nitro mesh kit.

I ecxpect your prompt reply

10. Demized

Great content on YouTube. question: can the Alesis nitro mesh kit Rack be mounted on lets say a Pear or Gebralta Cage rack? Also Can you do a video using Double Bass pedals without using the hi-hat pedal a as a replacement for the second drum kick? would love to see the progression when it comes to the actual double bass kick on that small kick drum head. thank you!

1. DemonicSweaters Post author

You SHOULD be able to use a Gibraltar rack, but I’ve never tried it, but I don’t see why not. As far as the double kick, it really kinda sucks, which is why I don’t do it. Technically yes it’ll fit, but the sensitivity is too low since you can’t strike in the middle of the pad and it results in a lot of mistriggering.

11. Mark LaFlamme

Can’t tell you how much these pages helped me out. I just got the Nitro Mesh two days ago after setting it up, I was ready to break it all down again and stuff it back into its zillion boxes. Mainly that’s because the included guide offered very little help in getting around the monitor. I had seen a few of your videos (which are fantastic, obviously) and remembered you had mentioned a better guide. As someone mentioned above, it was like stumbling onto the Alesis Rosetta Stone. It’s plain crazy how they skimped out on the manual when this one is so detailed and easy to follow. Seems like Alesis ought to put you on the payroll since you’ve kept so many of their customers from ambling unhappily in the dark. Thanks for all you do.

12. Miguel

Hi i have a question how can i make a drum cover? i have seen your video that explained how to do that but the thing is that if i put the song in audacity and start recording the drums audacity will record the two things at the same time i dont know if im making myself clear hahah but it records the drumming and the song too. Can you please explain with more details how to make a drum cover please? i really appreciate that

13. Steve

I’m 60 yo and haven’t played drums since in my 20’s. Wanted to get back into and thought now was the perfect time, since my PT business is temp. on hold. Since researching electronic sets the last few weeks, have watched your videos and really liked. I purchased the Nitro Mesh set but have not picked up yet since reading negative comments on Alesis durability…….module sound etc. Now I’m hesitant. Just want a decent, fairly inexpensive set that will last. Want this set to be the only one I buy. Can spend more if necessary ( up to 700’s ). I’d appreciate any advice…….is the Alesis Command worth the extra $……..is the Roland TD-1K better?……..others?
    Thanks

1. DemonicSweaters Post author

Well the Nitro is the only electronic set I’ve ever owned, with the exception of the one I made myself about 10 years ago. I’ve had no issues with it and had it for a year now.

14. Bam Romero

I have an Alesis Nitro set and my landlord that complains about noise , so I built a sound proofing drum riser to soften the noise . Still complains. So I have the Roland FD-9 and with an adapter it only has one sound ? I just found your videos and really looking forward on learning and enjoying them ! Much appreciated and thank you 🙏🏽
    Bam

15. Neil

Hi, I have a Nitro Mesh Kit and I am having a problem with my kick drum. When I step on the pedal, the mallet hits the drum, the light for kick drum lights up, but the sound out of the speaker is very low. I have turned up the volume to as high as I can both to the kick drum and to the whole kit, but the kick drum sound doesn’t follow the same volume as the rest of the kit. However, when I push the kick drum button on the console, it sounds loud, like it should be. Do you know what might be the problem? Thanks!!

16. Bryan

First, absolutely great content. I’m so glad I found you on YouTube. I have an Alesis Nitro kit and have never been truly happy with the sound.

My question is, would you consider selling your custom kits? Would be great to be able to see a complete breakdown of how you have each kit setup. One of my favorites so far has been #36. Looking for an 80’s hard rock sound (ie. Motley Crue).

Thanks again and keep up the great work!